Sunday 22 March 2009

Quilting Quandary Resolved!

Back in May last year, I wrote about a new project on this post. This is definitely the biggest headache I have every given myself when it comes to being over confident with my 'I can do that' attitude and it is fair to say that working on it has been a total love/hate affair!


I have absolutely hated every singly thing that went wrong, and there have been a few believe me! I hate myself for all the tantrums when things did go wrong! I hate all the times I've taken the project box down off the shelf, given it one look then put it back again for several more weeks, because it was the easiest thing to do! I hate the nagging thought at the back of my mind all these months that it would never be finished!


I love the way that each border eventually (!) added changed the look of the quilt. I love all the colours that blended together without having to give any really thought to their placement. I love the feeling each time I manage to get something right ! Most of all I really love the fact that I've made it to the finishing line !!!!!







Two photos, one inside, one out, neither of them do the colours justice, but our sunny weather has deserted us today and this is the best I can do!


The sailing date for our trip to the UK is very close now, William goes off to the cattery early Wednesday morning, then its into the motor and drive up to the Caen /Ouistreham ferry port on the Normandy coast. Caen , the burial place of William the Conqueror , is also minutes from the famous WWII Pegasus Bridge , and central to the Allied landing beaches ,War Grave Cemeteries & Memorials . An overnight crossing, into Portsmouth at 6 am (!) Thursday ready to face the second leg of our journey- the drive up to Manchester!

5 comments:

French Fancy... said...

Yuk, poor you having to go back to England. I bet you'll be itching to get back to beautiful Brittany

Annelies said...

You made a very beautiful quilt.
Have a nice holiday !

Anonymous said...

Wow! It looks fantastic.

Take an empty case with you for all the fabric you'll be buying.

GG

Dresden Plate said...

Absolutely lovely.
did you see that your blocks for the Bushfire project arrived safely?

Clare said...

and the drive the other side will take twice as long as your drive to Caen!

Conragts on the finish.