Tuesday 10 March 2009

Claim to Fame ?

Wow!! I got my name into print - how exciting is that, and I didn't even know about it!!!


February 2008 I joined in a fibre postcard swap being organised by Susan Lenz for a proposed exhibition called Cyber Fybers . Susan was inviting you to swap a FPC or ATC with her for display at the exhibition and some 400 worldwide swappers joined in , together with a number of invited well known textile artists - Maggie Grey to name but one! Can you imagine organising and controlling a swap of this size (!) but Susan managed it and the exhibition was opened on 9 January this year. Susan very kindly kept us all up to date with frequent postings as to what was happening, but once the exhibition closed, I have to admit I forgot all about it!


Imagine my surprise this morning when, not expecting anything at all from the US, I received an envelope with a return address in South Carolina ! Inside was this magazine


with a note from Susan, directing me to pages 22-26



where I found my postcard (bottom - far right with the 'vine') and my name!!

I don't even mind that it's spelt wrong on this occassion!!

My card was made of silk snippets with gold sewing machine cord and FME leaves stitched onto water soluble film - I thought it was lovely (!!), but never thought it would make it into print !! What are the chances that out of all the entries mine was one of those fortunate enough to be photographed .

6 comments:

Gina said...

Fame at last. Does this mean I can ask for your autograph

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Wil said...

Congratulations Ann! You are now a published artist :-)

Brigitte said...

Congratulations Ann !!!

Elizabethd said...

Lovely! I tried to enlarge the photo but it wouldnt, so will have to imagine how pretty the card was.

Clare said...

Congratulations. What a lovely surprise.

Aunt Spicy said...

That is so exciting! Congrats! (Visiting from spring swap!)