Wednesday 11 March 2009

Claim to Fame 2

Just for Elizabethd !! I'd forgotten about the photos, but this is the postcard I 'practiced' on




Don't know what happened to that, think it must have gone to another swap! This is the one I sent - Indian Summer

The colours of the silks were brighter in real life and the gold threads really sparkled ! I enjoyed my FPC swaps , but the postage kept on getting more expensive, and as I had to 'import' a lot of the materials also, it meant a double increase! The other reason I had for stopping was - what do I do with them all ?? I received some lovely cards over the months, and it seems such a shame that they are all now neatly stored in boxes - except for my Christmas cards, they come out each year !

My photos don't enlarge as I edit them, having once read on someone's blog (can't remember who sorry !) that by doing so it helps to reduce the amount of 'space' used by Blogger - I don't know if this is true or not, but it's worth a try!! More importantly, it gets rid of the sometimes 'messy' background - particularly on those taken in my sewing room :-)

3 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Thank you!! they are absolutely lovely...I hadnt heard of fibre cards, but now understand! You are so talented Anne.

Betsy said...

beautiful!

Suzanne said...

You do such nice work! I agree with you though...I have been invited over the years to do postcard swaps, but I didn't know what I would do with all the ones I received!