Thursday 19 March 2009

Beating the Credit Crunch !

I am sure we are not the only ones suffering from today's economic climate, certainly the £ against the Euro exchange rate is hammering the likes of us in Europe, and I expect the same can be said for ex-pats worldwide!


Shouldn't moan too much about it really, as we are here from choice not by force, and our relationship with the exchange rate is a bit like a marriage at times, ' for better or worse'! Not so long ago we were rubbing our hands together because we were getting a very good rate, which boosted the old pension no end, so now we just have to take the 'worse' end of the stick I guess!!


All is not doom and gloom though , there are still ways to feed my addiction to quilting without having to find yet another 50 ways to cook minced (ground) beef :-)

So if you feel the same way ,and if you haven't already done so, hurry along to Quilting on a Budget's new Blog to find lots ways to keep quilting without breaking the bank !! Some of the ideas may not be new , but here they are all in one place ! Anything that helps save money and keep me quilting has to be good in my book!!


I keep forgetting to mention that I joined in Linda's Spring Swap






Sorry Linda, but it might be just as well, as I am hopeless at keeping secrets !

This swap has been a big challenge, as my partner gave me no clues whatsoever as to her likes or dislikes! I've trawled her blog from end to end and still no help!! I just hope she likes her package (!) which is all wrapped up and ready to be posted on 25 March! This is a little earlier than the official date of 3 April, but it's the same day as we leave for the UK and as it is going international (like all my swaps - surprise!) hopefully it won't arrive too soon before the 3rd!

3 comments:

Clare said...

Tell me about it.

Trying to cheer DH up is impossible! He listens to the exchange rate on Today and PM and I'm tempted to unplug the digi box!

Thank goodness for foires du porc, promos on steak hache and all the lovely veg.

Funnily enough, people are still booking gites. The one I look after has already got 4 weeks booked.

Anonymous said...

I seem to be baking a lot of flans these days and eating them with lots of vegetables.

The exchange rate is a real worry.

GG

Elizabethd said...

I'm doing Linda's swap too! I did another one of hers last year, she organises them so well.