Friday 4 January 2008

Two New Feet

NO! Not what you think - I have not found a body parts shop (I wish!!) just spending money again on two extra presser feet for the Bernina !


Amongst all the various techniques that I REALLY want to learn (one of the drawbacks of being a late starter, you want to do everything NOW!!!), I am fast becoming hooked on Thread Painting after finding it some months ago on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/learningfa/

Santa very kindly brought me some TP/ Free Motion Machine Embroidery books and I was surprised to read how much more texture can be achieved by using presser feet not intended for this purposes so - Voila!... Two new feet !!


I do find TP/FME very relaxing and am amazed at what effects can be achieved by just whizzing the needle over a piece of fabric. I've had a couple of attempts over the weeks in between FPCs, Journal Pages and quilts, but this is my most ambitious piece so far !

Still a lot of room for improvement, and I am sure it would look better with the correct weight threads - something I am working on, trying to find an online supplier of assorted threads, as I have failed locally. Perhaps quilting the background would also improve the look of it ?

Think the photo is a little large (!) but this is my first attempt at adding images to the blog and this has taken ages so I am not going back to start - perhaps I should stick to sewing!!!

2 comments:

Linda Mullen said...

You can resize your pictures before uploading them. Nice pic.

Digitalgran said...

You are doing well with your FME. It took me quite a while to get into it, but now I love it.