One article in particular that took my fancy was 'The Magic of Transfer Paints' by Margaret Roberts. So.....having aquired a starter kit of transfer dyes, I have been having a play !! I really had no idea of what was going to happen when I started slapping paint all over bits of computer printing paper, but - WOW!! What wonderful results !
Now the proud owner of my first 'home dyed' fabric (not counting the play I have had with rust dying and shaving cream, but we have all done that haven't we ?) I didn't quite know what to do with it. I was going to try the Flexi Bag pattern on the freebies site of F&S (go have a look !), but hadn't made a big enough 'nice' piece of fabric, so I decided to practise some FME on it instead.
I am very pleased with the way the colours came out in real life, they are a bit dark in the pic, and the instructions on how to print the daisies by using 'masking' shapes were so easy to follow, but so effective too !! My dragonfly is my first try at using water soluble stabiliser and again I am reasonably pleased with the end result, still room to improve I know, but....!! The little unfinished piece is 6 x 6 (honestly it is square !!) and I am certain I will be trying both these techniques out again before too long and I am determined to have a go at that Flexi Bag, but before then I will have to get some additional dye colours . In the meantime back to the rotary cutter, as I have decided on a new quilt and I need 640 rectagles 2" x 3 1/2" !!!!