Thursday 19 June 2008

Holiday ' Spends'

To say the bank balance suffered slightly (!!) when I hit the LQS on my travels is putting it mildly, but as I explained to DH " You have to realise how much postage I am saving by buying as much as I can whilst I am here !" By the look on his face, I don't think he agreed with my logic :-)

I found 2 shops in Cornwall, one in Redruth thanks to Gina and another tucked just around the corner from our cottage in St Just( No! not planned at all !! - don't think DH believed that either!!) Whilst in Wales we went off to Hereford to visit Doughty's , which was such an Alladin's Cave I didn't know where to start !! Then , also thanks to Gina, we went to the Busy Bees shop located in the Tredegar House Country Park where the staff were so friendly & helpful I ended up spending too much yet again !!! So...............
Fabric.....
and more fabric........








a layer cake ........
and some books !!




Didn't I do well ????? I also managed a whole stack of magazines, but haven't bored you with those !!
Last, but not least for today, just want to say 'Thank You' to Amy for my little quilt from the Minature Booty Quilt Swap

Sorry the photo is so dark, but would you believe it is raining today (!!) and the light isn't very good, and another 'Thank You ' to Karol-Ann for sharing some of her colourful South African fabric with me - just because I made her smile !!!

I may have mentioned that I spent 10 years living in Southern Africa, so this little gift has brought back many wonderful memories !!

4 comments:

loulee said...

Oooh! Lots of goodies.

Welcome home, time to put your feet up and plan what to make with all your new fabrics.

Elizabethd said...

Serious fabric envy, it is so difficult to find an interesting fabric here.
Maybe we could do some swaps some time....if we ever get to meet up?!

Mad about Craft said...

You have a lovely haul!

I am really interested to see what you do with your 'Hemming House' layer cake. I have started a quilt with mine to fit our bed, it will probably take me the next 20 years - LOL

Gina said...

So I get the blame for everything again. LOL. Don't worry I've got brod shoulders. ( they match my waist.)

love and hugs xxx