Friday 11 March 2011

Disaster !

Seems like the pains I've been complaining about in my wrists , the left one in particular, when quilting over the last couple of weeks, were something more sinister than just the usual arthritic aches and pains .

My left wrist has been getting progressively more painful over the last 2-3 days and when I woke got this morning, after a very disturbed night,my wrist was badly swollen , my hand curled up like a claw and  I was unable to open it!

An early emergency appointment with the GP resulted in a very painful exam, what felt like at least a litre of blood samples,  a very stinging jab in the rear end (!) to help with the pain, and my left wrist strapped up in one of  these


Mine is actually quite a fetching blue, this photo is from an advert,  as  I just can't manage to snap one handed - typing is difficult enough :-)

I've spent most of the day in a drug-enduced fug, but the pain has improved a lot. X-rays first thing tomorrow morning if the swelling has gone down enough, then back to the GP for all the results. In the meantime, please keep everything crossed that it is a short term condition , as the last thing I want to hear is that I won't be able to use my hand for weeks!!

6 comments:

Annelies said...

That sounds very painful. I wish you all the best !

Quiet Quilter said...

Wishing you well....

QuiltSue said...

Poor you. Hope it gets better soon.

Suzanne said...

Oh Ann...feel better soon and take it easy while rebuilding your body.

Brenda said...

I hope it's nothing serious and you are back to your sewing machine soon!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

oh..that sounds uncomfortable! Take care and keep us posted how things pan out.