Monday 3 January 2011

Couldn't Resist!

How could I possible not join in the Civil War Quilt block a week being offered by Barbara Brackman on her new Blog ? Even if you are not a fan of Reproduction fabrics, I am sure it will make a lovely sampler quilt - me, well it's no surprise to hear that I'll be sticking with the original theme:-)

Block 1 - Catch Me If You Can







I've just realised that I didn't post a photo of my last finished  for 2010



My Half Hexagons -  I finally finished the binding just before Christmas! My excuse for taking so long with the hand stitching is that I did get a bit sidetracked during the build up to the holiday with bits and bobs for the grandchildren and what seemed like endless stockings to sell at my Cat Charity Christmas Fayre - but done it is now !

5 comments:

Kristie said...

They are both very beautiful! Love those hexagons! I also like your Civil War block, I have the fabrics pulled to make it but haven't gotten to it yet! Hopefully I will get it finished before the weekend.
Kristie

Ivory Spring said...

Lovely project. I will go check out Barbara Brackman's blog right now.

Thanks for your comment on my article in Quilter's World. I forwarded it to the editor. :)

QuiltSue said...

The quilt is just great - just the thing for a cold winter afternoon.

Anonymous said...

There's a timeless charm about a hexagon quilt. I just don't like making them. Lovely pix of Britanny.

My blog is mostly poetry, but if you click on the quilts category youll find some pictures.

Unknown said...

Il est très beau ce patch, bravo !