Monday 2 January 2012

Birthday Blog!

Well, here we are again at the start of another year and would you believe my Blog's 4th
Birthday !!




My first post was 1 January 2008 and yet looking back it seems like just the other day - where did those years go?

During this time I've learnt a great deal not only about the lovely people I've met in the blogging  and quilting communities, but also about myself.

I've experienced the generosity of on-line quilters who share their knowledge and patterns with me and everyone else.  I've learnt that there is always someone out there willing to help when help is asked for, someone to encourage you when you're doubting yourself, someone to laugh with you and sometimes to cry with you.

I've learnt to have confidence in myself and my work and not to worry too much if everything isn't perfect (!) but to enjoy my quilting time and not put too much pressure on myself.   I've learnt not to feel too alone in this little corner of Brittany because there is so much more out there for me to learn and enjoy if I just go look for it.

I know it's usual on these occassions to offer a giveaway, but I've decided instead to send a little gift to the ones who have supported me most with comments over the years, so Suzanne , Sue and Jane, please let me have your address when you have a moment.

To all my other followers and readers a great big ' Thank You' for dropping by - its always good to know that you are out there !!

3 comments:

QuiltSue said...

Woww, thank you Ann. It's been great getting to know you and who knows, maybe one day we'll get to meet for real.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Thank you Ann! I have always enjoyed reading your blog and look forward to many more years of your inspiration :o)

Suzanne said...

I love your blog.....amazing photos and quilts! So glad I have meet you thru our mutual love of sewing!